Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Need to Close my eyes for a bit

It's raining puppies on Craigslist.....it's now the end of January and all the bad 6 week old puppies that can't be potty trained are now looking to be rehomed. Of course, no one wants to actually lose any money, so to insure a good home there will be a rehoming fee to cover the cost of all the toys that come with the dogs. Lots of toys, but not any shots or health related things.

I'm having one of those days when I feel a little hopeless and helpless. What can I do to make a difference? I can't afford another daring rescue right now. But I want to HELP. I want to make it stop-all the full blooded, designer dog, hybrid cutsie, I care but I don't want to be bothered in anyway bullshit.

Sometimes I feel like hiding my dogs because I don't want someone to see them, think they are cute, and on impulse go buy one, only to start the viscious cycle again. Do we need stronger laws regarding pet ownership? Would that be the answer? Maybe classes and more outreach in the schools? It's a start.

Anyway, no more CL Pets for a week-I'm officially on the wagon.

No comments: