Monday, February 26, 2007

The POIZ are back in town....

What a huge day it's been, and it's only 2:30! I went to Albertson's to pick up Uncle John's birthday cake and get some grub. I got to ride in the electronic cart-whhhhheeeeeeeeee.

Then off to Autumn Leaves where I had lunch with Uncle John and his co-residents, we sang happy birthday and ate pieces of what turned out to be a really huge, really gawdy, red, white and blue birthday cake.

After that it was off to get the kiddos. Vet bill was a bit heart stopping, but we celebrated and are still celebrating our reunion. It's a beautiful day, the backdoor is propped open with a broom so the wee ones can come and go as they please. I need to get back to the other computer and that job thing, but I just had to share my joy with the internet.

I think cake at Autumn Leaves is going to become a regular thing. If anyone has a spare 20 bucks, go get a brightly decorated cake, make up some excuse to celebrate, and go to a nursing home or assisted living center. The feeling you get will last longer than that movie or that T-shirt you really don't need.

Greta has found her sunny spot on the floor, Cody has both his chew sticks on the dog couch. All is well with our world.

No comments: