Monday, January 8, 2007

Just don't have the time or the money BUT I WANT

From a craiglist ad: I want to find this cat a good home, we've bred her before but I don't think she should be bred again.........

Translation:

I'm not going to breed the cat any more and I'm not willing to pay the 30 bucks to take her to the SPCA to have her neutered before I give her away. I DO CARE....but not enough to be put out in any way.

Another Ad:
Want small dog, housebroken, not a puppy and not old...about 1-2 years. Can't be yippy. Will give it lots of love an attention, but can't pay for the dog because I want to spend the money on toys and vets. Females only.

Translation:
I want a little female dog who won't be any trouble or any expense so I can breed her to death and make a little money on the side. When I'm done with her, I won't bother to neuter her, I'll just recycle her on craigslist.

Variation:
Same ad, but ASKS for a neutered dog.

Translation:
I want a dog, but I don't want to take the time to train the dog, it better be housebroken cause if it makes a mistake it's going to end up back on this list. Also, I certainly don't have time to run the dog down to the SPCA for a low cost neuter or to my vet for a high cost neuter and if this dog has any issues which will take away from my busy schedule, you guessed it, it will end back on this list.

Common theme: Pets take time and money and I am not willing to spend either of them, but I really want a cute dog who will wait paitently for me to come home and let it out to potty. Bonus points if it can drop a litter, deductions if it drops a bomb on my new carpet.

Suggestion: If you must rehome your dog or cat, please please spay or neuter before you do.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I wonder if these people knew that dog fighting rings get bait dogs from these "free dog" adds they would be a little more careful about where they place this dog that they "care so much about"

Neuter is cuter.