Sunday, March 4, 2007

And a good time was had by all

My two "big dogs" are exhausted-they are both young and the arrival of Prissy put the running and playing into high gear. Dottie did a good job of keeping up with them, and as usual, Dollie remained more sedate. But oh, those spotties and their growling-they've gotten really naughty since staying with Mom.

I had to work with them quite a bit, and with Dollie about chasing the poor old cat-but at one point I had Dollie, Greta, Cody and the cat all in the chair with me and all being harmonious. You really can teach an old dog new tricks.

Dogs are cool, because they don't really sit and wonder why sometimes they are in Oklahoma and sometimes in Texas-they just go with the flow. But I really hated to see them go.

My parents brought up the treadmill so I can help Greta with her rehab (and work out the draft dogs when they come),three bails of hay that I am going to use as planters, and some veggie burgers Mom made. I sent back an assortment of vegetable seeds,peat pots, dog treats and a wireless router. We love recycling/giving things.

My Grandma Effie always showed up with a brown grocery sack full of something that she was bringing each time she arrived anywhere. Her tradition lives on, but sometimes we use ziploc bags (gardening stuff) or even fancy paper bags from the dollar store.

No comments: