Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Howling

I am experimenting with howling when Oliver is fussy. It seems to calm him down-it's a doggy vocalization that says I'm here, I'm not coming there right now, but I can still hear you. I tried it yesterday in the car when he was in the crate in the back of the SUV-and it seemed to work.

The rest of the pack will be back tomorrow-my trip got cancelled and Oliver has been on antibiotics for a few days now, so I think it is safe for the older ones. Bringing a somewhat sick pup home has been an expensive proposition. I didn't want to risk the health of the older dogs, or stress Oliver out when he wasn't feeling well. But I am eager to have my pack back and whole again.

1 comment:

Mim said...

Interesting about the howling. I taught my cat not to cross the road by hissing at him when he ventured out there.. it worked.