Sunday, November 18, 2007

Pork chops

Bitty is getting on the wavelength with the handouts. I called the dogs to the gate, faked them out and then toss her a bit (of pork chop)and she runs with it before they know she has it. My guys other guys aren't agressive, but four of them overwhelm her. If we are doing a sitting exercise, she can cope with that.

It's a fine line. I make sure to encourage her to join us, but I don't go up and cuddle her or give her special attention (at that time). The fringes of the pack seems her place, but she appears to be content.

I've noticed even during lap time, she'll happily stay in the lap as long as she's being petted, and when that's over, she goes off to lie down.

Today I have a special can of salmon dog food for them-got it as in my birthday package from Mom. She knows the way to my heart is through my dog's stomach!

No comments: