Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Poidogz Progress

The electric wheelchair gods smiled on me and I got a “ride” in Target. So I was able to actually look about and not only get Greta’s exercise ball but some sterlite and weights for the snakes and a few other things. The dynamic duo comes home tonight and we’ll start on therapy.

I think right now we are just going to work on the ball and see how that goes. The theory is that it will “force” her to put her foot down to remain stable. Another thing I want to try is to train her to step up on a step; keeping her back feet down. I didn’t want to spend 20 bucks on a step when a cardboard box will do the trick or even some boards, anything to put her on a slope. Standing her on an a-frame might be a good idea too, but I wouldn’t want her climbing it. Well, shoot, we can just work on the wheelchair ramp outside my house-synergies!

Right now I am committing to 10-15 minutes a day-I know that doesn’t sound like much, but I don’t HAVE much time to give. My own body is causing delays in almost everything I do, but we well all cope together.

No comments: