Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Doggie Paradise

Today is a poidogz dream-warm and sunny, the grass just the proper height for rolling. Alas no dogs here today. 2 are in Oklahoma, 2 at the kennel, awaiting my return to mobility. The backyard looks forlorn and foresaken without the pitter patter of tiny canine feet. The squirrels are moving about with impunity and even the hysterical schnauzers are quiet since there is no one to argue with.

The front yard is a different story. A grackle is busy chastising the cat for daring to step foot outside. I'm glad at least someone can enjoy this respite from winter.

It's much harder for me to see the wonders of the day without my companions to show me-but I am going to try to keep their teachings alive while they are absent.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend!