Monday, February 19, 2007

Ahhh, the great outdoors

Got out for a bit today to run some errands-the sun was shining and it felt good on my shoulders. But, I think it would have felt better if there had a been at least ONE dog to watch as it rolled in the grass and thoroughly enjoyed itself. That is a gift given to dogs-total joy, with no hesitation, reservation or qualification.

The bandage on my splint is coming undone and bits of gauze are poking out here and there. I look like a teddy bear after Cody has had his way with it-stuffing everywhere.

I guess kitten and puppy season is in full swing now. In fact, there is a pregnant cat who has taken up residence in my backyard. If the dogs don't come home before she gives birth I fear there will be kittens hatching under the porch. Ironically, a cat had kittens under the porch last time I had surgery-Mamma cat still lives with Jay and Sue. Maybe it's karma-I have surgery, and a stray gray cat (yes, both moms are gray) has a litter under my porch.

I've already spent about $500 this past year on a kitten I adopted, nursed, neutered and then let move next door. One thought is to neuter the entire litter to be and let them stay, thus ensuring no one else will take up residence. Not sure what the neighbors would say about that, but at least one of said neighbors is responsible for bringing the gray madonna into my midst.

No comments: