Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Flood

Most of the gang is playing in the sunroom after their potty break. There is standing water in the backyard. I'm leaving for a bit, so I broke with the early breakfast and long nap protocal-I want them to play now and eat when I go.

I've been contemplating an arbor or something to replace the trees I took out-the dogs used them for potty shelters in the rain. But what to do about the high water? Needless to say, my test hole for the cadillac of dog septics is flooded.

2 comments:

soulbrush said...

won't an arbor take 'donkeys years' to grow? what about building a gazebo? oh i am so silllllyyyyyyy!!!

Debra Kay said...

It would have to be a gazebo outhouse, but that's one of the things I've thought of-leaving the floor of it as grass/dirt. I'm absolutely mad for lattice wood and in actual fact I could build a small shelf and plant some vines-it only has to be a few feet high to keep the dogs happy and then it won't shade up my yard!

I do still have the aviary I built for the snakes, but with young dogs in the house it's better than potty activities take place in one spot (the backyard). Later they seem to work it out on their own that outside in general is ok.

It's been so long since I've had to train a pup from scratch that I don't know if I could do it any longer.