Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Not mother of the year...

So Monday I slept too long during my nap and didn't go pick up my dogs. Now it's not like I abandoned them on the street, but I felt really bad about it. They didn't appear to care on Tuesday when I picked them up-thankfully dogs don't use calendars.

Greta was more relieved than anyone-she isn't used to being an only dog. She likes the attention, but she's more relaxed and at ease when the pack is there. Probably in part because they can run and it relieves stress.

I took the Spots down to Mom and Dad's and then they did front yard chores with me. I've been pretty consistently rotating who I spend "alone time" with and it seems to be enhancing how the dogs behave as a pack as well.

Greta likes car rides and to visit Mom and Dad. Spotties like to visit Mom and Dad. I'm not sure what Cody's niche is-he hates the car and is awkward on visits-however he's doing much better with people we've all noticed-even the vet techs.

Greta, the abused one, is now an attention sponge. Cody is just shy-he's a shy dog. Having Mom and Dad one house down has been great for him-not everyone is a STRANGER.

No comments: