Friday, July 13, 2007

A trap! A flood! A rescue! A Pupparoni!

Prissy almost managed to drown herself today. She decided to bypass my blocking of the hole that leads to freedom (and to Mom and Dad's) and got tangled. It started raining and the famous (that's all anyone is talking about) floods started. Now she was on a sidewalk, but the water next to the sidewalk was probably 7 inches deep and rising.

She was terrified, and rightly so. I sloshed through the water in my crocs (irony, eh) and untangled her silly self. Being a dog, the minute she was free she gave it no further thought.

Thought process, I imagine was "dang it, I want to get through that hole. Stupid Mom blocked it. Oh well. OH FINE, now I can' get out and play with the other dogs I'm stuck. Wow, look at that water...MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Thanks Ma, hi guys, let's play! Oh, Ma, it's time for our morning snack as long as you are up."

Ponder this-does that show lack of understanding of what MIGHT have happened-or rather real intelligence, i.e., it didn't, so why worry about it?

No comments: