Friday, February 1, 2008

Up to High 50's

Oklahoma weather is just odd. Today it's up to near 60 for the next 5 days. No matter, I've ordered a gas burning, ventless stove. Being a refugee is quite expensive with a pack of dogs who aren't very cold tolerant. Boarding fees pile up quickly-the dogs alone are over 60 a day now.

But, who could I part with? No one. Just isn't going to happen. Not even Oliver, who I really intended to neuter and rehome, already crate and house trained. I think the pack needs a scruffy little dog-and so does he.

Actually, I've pretty much known I'd keep him from that first night. He was ill, his tummy swollen with worms and bad case of the runs. So I let him sleep with me, and he wanted to sleep on my arm, resting his swollen belly on my warm arm. That's all he wanted, just a little warmth and contact, and he slept contentedly.

When we had to relocate to Mom's due to the power outage, he was content in his crate as long as it was up on the bed with me.

Now he isn't the perfect puppy. He throw hissy fits and sometimes (but not often) has bathroom mistakes. But he's willing to just go with the flow as long as myself or Greta or Cody are around. Whatever we do is exciting and fine with him. Ok, maybe he IS the perfect puppy.

1 comment:

Mim said...

I think that Oliver is an adorable puppy, just so cute looking. All puppies are crazy, I love it when they turn 3 years and suddenly they become mature and responsible, but I always miss the puppy.