Saturday, June 2, 2007

The Great Wall of Chi

I just spent 125 to pay someone to put up my temporary fence so that my dogs can spend the next 3 weeks or so in their own backyard without barking at the nasty man who lives behind me. A fence is cheaper than boarding them for the remainder of the time and cheaper than the wear and tear on my nerves.

Actually, they will still be barking, but there is now a three or four feet no man's land between it and the back fence and the jackass parks next to the back fence. His yelling and stomping at the dogs isn't good for them, me, or him if keeps it up.

My evil side thinks I should put something particularly foul smelling in the "no man's land". I'm having a bit of an ant problem and I think a few dead rats could be defleshed in no time if I put them out in the sun, on an ant hill, out in no man's land. Since the dogs can no longer get to it, the nice place behind the shed would be a lovely place to take my biologcally correct cat litter. With all the rain we've had, some flowerpots filled with water shoul fill up nicely with mosquito nymphs.

But, alas, like all biological warfare, such measures cannot be contained only towards who they are directed. So, I will bask in the unsung knowledge that if push came to shove, I could be a bigger asshole than the guy behind me. I could, but I won't. Which comes to think of it, makes me a non asshole.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

..but its fun to think about anyway. Almost therapeutic~!