Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Building fences

Things get really complicated sometimes. My backyard backs up to my neighbor’s driveway-and my dogs bark at him when he gets in his truck. He yells at my dogs, which of course makes them bark more.

I am putting up a temp fence to cut the back yard in half and I’ve sent him a letter asking him to please call me rather than yell at the dogs. All this comes to a head as I plan my move to Oklahoma in 6 weeks. There is simply no rest for the wicked.

I was nice in my letter-and I left out the part where I told him I was moving (no need to give him that heads up). I also left out the part where I hoped the new tenants had two teenage boys to entertain his teenage daughter as well as a pair of nice, friendly, pit bulls. I want to be nice, because I do believe in Karma.

I do understand his annoyance (the schnauzers next door drove me crazy too). But HE is the one who chose to buy a house where the driveway backs up to another persons back fence. And his attitude is partially responsible for my not wanting to buy that duplex and put in a permanent fence. So, I will act honorably until I leave, and then trust in Karma to settle any debt.


Dog weights
Dottie 3.5
Prissy 3.9 a monster!
Cody 8.9 yeah Cody-lost a bit of paunch
Greta 9.2

No comments: